Uinsure specialise in non standard home insurance. We can offer your client cover when other insurers won't. We cover unoccupied properties, properties that have suffered subsidence, properties in flood risk areas or previous flood claims. We can also cover adverse claims history, any criminal conviction, and when your clients have had insurance refused or cancelled in the past.


If your client owns a property with non-standard features such as a thatched roof, or if they have high value items, or past criminal convictions, you may struggle to find them a suitable home insurance policy.

But don’t worry; our Non-Standard referral team are here to help you find the right policy!

How it Works

Non-standard insurance can be complicated, so why not leave it to the professionals? However, this should not mean that you do not benefit from it.

At Uinsure, you can simply introduce clients to us by submitting a quick and easy online referral form. You can select who you wish us to contact, and we guarantee to contact either you or your client directly within 2 hours.

Our specialist non-standard referral team handle all aspects of the quotation and sales process, alongside any compliance obligations. We will keep you, the introducing adviser, completely up to date with our progress with the referral and what’s more, we will pay you up to 15% commission upon submission of a policy!

Non Standard Construction

If your clients property is built of something other than bricks or stone, or roofed with something other than tiles or slate, you may struggle to find a standard insurance

If so, you will need to seek a specialist buildings insurance policy to ensure your clients are adequately covered.

Listed Buildings

Listed buildings are protected by law and you usually need special permission to carry out any repairs or alterations. You might even have to use a certain type of material or technique, which can be expensive.

Owners of listed buildings often need specialist help to find appropriate cover.

Flood Risk

One in six homes in England is at risk of flooding - and you can find out if your
clients is one of them by visiting the Environment Agency website at
www.environmentagency.gov.uk. If you live in a flood risk area, it may mean
you will have to seek out specialist cover.


If a property has; suffered from, been monitored for, or been underpinned due to, subsidence, a specialist policy will be required.


Standard home insurance policies rarely cover a property that is left unoccupied for more than 30 or 60 days.

If you know your clients property is going to be empty for a prolonged period, perhaps due to a house sale or refurbishment, you should make sure that that you have arranged adequate cover to protect the property and belongings

Criminal Records

Many mainstream insurers operate a blanket policy of not providing insurance to people with unspent criminal convictions, so if your client, or anybody living with them, has a criminal record it can be difficult to find affordable home insurance.

Mid and High-Net-Worth

The risks involved for a High-Net-Worth client can vary and there is no typical risk on which an insurer can base their underwriting decisions.

High-Net-Worth home insurance is a truly bespoke product area and therefore needs professional advice.

And Much More...

A non-standard risk is just that, and we are sure that there are many more clients that need insurance that don’t fit into the categories above.

This doesn’t mean that we can’t help source insurance, so if you’re not sure then please give us a call on 0844 844 3844 to discuss your case in more detail.

Policy Documents and Marketing Material