Note: Words appearing in bold text have specific meanings. These can be found in the “Definitions” section of the Policy Wording.
- The Information we collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, IP address, operating system, access times, what browser you are using and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you request to receive our e-newsletter or when you request to add your company to our directory.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
- How We Use Your Information
We and Your Insurer will process any information provided by You in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purpose of:
- Providing Insurance.
- Handling claims.
- Providing information to third parties (in the event of any claims).
We will use the contact details you provide to send You the details of Your quote or policy via email and/or sms text, to follow up Your quote and to provide updated pricing in the future. From time to time, We will contact You to tell You about Our special offers, discounts or ways to save You money on home insurance or other products and services. You may opt out of future communications at any time by contacting us.
Please note, that Your Insurer may separately have given You its own Data Protection Notice or Statement and hold personal data separately from that provided by You in connection with this policy.
- We, The insurer, and carefully selected partners/third parties, will use the information about You for the purpose of communication with You, regarding Our products and services. We and Your Insurer fully accept Our and Their responsibility to protect the privacy of customers and the confidentiality and security of information entrusted to Us and Your Insurer.
- The personal data that You provide may be stored electronically or as a hard copy. We and Your Insurer shall be entitled to transfer any data that may be required for processing purposes to any third party within the United Kingdom or abroad, who are involved in the administration and/or processing of Your insurance contract on Our and Their behalf. By disclosing Your personal information to Us and The insurer, You indicate Your consent to the collection, storage, processing and use of Your data.
- The information You provided when You took out Your home insurance policy, together with other information, will be used by Us and Your Insurer, Our and Their group companies and carefully selected partners and/or third parties. It will be used for administration, claims handling and customer service, including promotional activities.
We and Your Insurer may provide information to Our and Their service providers and agents for these purposes. Our and Their group companies and other third parties may also disclose information about You to Us and Your Insurer for the same purposes.
- It may also be used for the purpose of fraud prevention including passing details to other insurers and regulatory bodies.
- Where You have provided information about another person in connection with the purchase and performance of this home insurance policy You confirm that they have appointed You to act for them, that they have consented to the processing of their personal data, including sensitive personal data and they have consented to the transfer of their information abroad. You also agree to receive on their behalf any Data Protection Notices from Us and Your Insurer.
- If You ask Us or The insurer, We or They will tell You what information We or They hold about You and provide it to You in accordance with applicable law. Any information which is found to be incorrect will be corrected promptly.
- We or Your Insurer may monitor and/or record Your communication with Us or Your Insurer either ourselves or by reputable organisations selected by Us or The insurer, to ensure consistent servicing levels and account operation.
- We and Your Insurer will keep information about You only for so long as it is appropriate.
- Credit checks
We, Your Insurer and other firms involved in arranging your insurance (for example, other intermediaries or premium finance companies) may use public and personal data from a variety of sources including credit reference agencies and other organisations. The information is used to help tailor a price, to ascertain the most appropriate payment options for You and to help prevent fraud. Any credit reference search will appear on Your credit report whether or not your application proceeds. If You have any questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact Us.
Please note that we do not collect any personal information from children under thirteen years of age and that no child under thirteen should submit any personal information to our site. Should we discover that any such personal information has been delivered to our site, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It is normally sent by a web server to you and enables the server to collect information back from your site visit.
- Third Party Links
We may include links to third party websites on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Your Consent