Senior Development Team Lead
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Uinsure is multi-award winning and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Founded in 2007, Uinsure continues to go from strength to strength and is set to keep expanding in size.
Our focus is on delivering great service and market leading technology to deliver the best possible experience for our customers, and we are looking for the right person to join our team and grow with us.
You will enjoy a range of benefits by working at Uinsure, including:
- Company pension scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 25 days.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality.
- EMI Shares Scheme.
- Regular social events.
- Remote working, with 2-3 days working at Head Office, InsurTech hub in Spinningfields, Manchester.
Our Technology team are looking for an experienced Senior Development Team Lead to lead a cross functional agile squad focused on contributing to Uinsure’s tech platform. We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we are embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. What is great is that this position plays a key role in delivering key functionality for the Uinsure tech platform, whilst mentoring and leading a team of developers.
In this role, you will join a team of passionate, driven Software Developers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms working with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You will have a good track-record of experience working in a similar role within a complex, large-scale environment with a passion for all things cloud and Azure, along with a keenness to build a strong DevOps culture.
What you will be doing as our Development Team Lead?
- Lead a team of developers within a cross functional agile squad.
- Delegate work to the other members of the team appropriately.
- Work with stakeholders to define and clarify requirements.
- Contribute to and establish best practices within the team.
- Provide support to the other team members, working together to hit sprint goals.
- Full stack development (C#/TypeScript/React).
- Following TDD practices where appropriate, ensuring good test coverage of developed code.
- Working with SQL databases.
- Developing and deploying cloud-based technologies such as Azure Functions, Azure App Services, Azure SQL DB.
- Contributing to the documentation of our implemented solutions
- Keeping up to date on new technologies and trends with a view to applying these within the team, e.g., Azure Cosmos DB, Event Sourcing.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and support across the software development team.
- Performing code reviews to ensure all code is written to a high a standard and conforms to the agreed coding standards.
- Working in a cross functional squad to deliver functionality both to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to our agile processes, providing suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
Identifying appropriate design patterns and applying them, using methodologies such as Domain Driven Design, and working with stakeholders to build a shared language and understanding of the problem domain.