Senior Automation Tester
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Uinsure is multi-award winning and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Founded in 2007, Uinsure continues to go from strength to strength and is set to keep expanding in size.
Our focus is on delivering great service and market leading technology to deliver the best possible experience for our customers, and we are looking for the right person to join our team and grow with us.
You will enjoy a range of benefits by working at Uinsure, including:
- Company pension scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 25 days.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality.
- EMI Shares Scheme.
- Regular social events.
- Remote working, with 2-3 days working at Head Office, InsurTech hub in Spinningfields, Manchester.
Our Technology team are looking for a Senior Automation Tester to contribute to the implementation of automated tests using Webdriver.io/Selenium tests written in TypeScript which validate critical functionality in Uinsure’s tech platform. We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we are embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. This position provides an opportunity to contribute to an existing test framework in support of a cloud based and modern architecture, whilst also providing an opportunity to mentor a junior tester.
In this role, you will join a team of passionate, driven Software Developers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms working with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You will have a good track-record of experience working in a similar role within a complex, large-scale environment with a passion for testing, quality assurance, and delivering robust solutions.
What you will be doing as one of our Automation Testers?
- Implementing and maintaining suites of functional acceptance tests written in TypeScript using the WebDriver.io framework.
- Working within a cross functional agile team to deliver critical business functionality and ensuring that the developed solutions meet the agreed acceptance criteria.
- Mentoring of junior test staff.
- Working with developers to resolve issues.
- Test suite management, defining of test plans and coverage, and reporting on coverage within our automated CI/CD pipeline.
- Contributing to the documentation of our implemented solutions.
- Performing code reviews to ensure all test code is written to a high a standard and conforms to the agreed coding standards.
- Contributing to our agile processes, providing suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
- Working with stakeholders to help clarify and define requirements related to quality assurance.