Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Uinsure is multi-award winning and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. Founded in 2007, Uinsure continues to go from strength to strength and is set to keep expanding in size.
Our focus is on delivering great service and market leading technology to deliver the best possible experience for our customers, and we are looking for the right person to join our team and grow with us.
You will enjoy a range of benefits by working at Uinsure, including:
- Company pension scheme.
- An extra day’s holiday for each year of service up to 25 days.
- Life Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance with Vitality.
- EMI Shares Scheme.
- Regular social events.
- Remote working, with 2-3 days working at Head Office, InsurTech hub in Spinningfields, Manchester.
Our Technology team are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to provide automation, tooling, and cloud infrastructure support to Uinsure’s platforms and services. We are in an exciting phase of change; along with the rest of the world, we are embarking on a hugely impactful digital journey, both for our people and our customers. What is great is that this position plays a key role in ensuring that we provide an unshakeable infrastructure to support our digital experiences, in turn providing unparalleled service to our customers.
In this role, you will join a team of passionate, driven Software Developers working on some highly visible, large-scale projects and platforms working with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders. You will have a good track-record of experience working in a similar role within a complex, large-scale environment with a passion for all things cloud and Azure, along with a keenness to build a strong DevOps culture.
What you will be doing as one of our Engineers?
- Full stack development (C#/TypeScript/React) following TDD practices, practicing what you preach across the team to implement effective APIs and frontend SPAs.
- Developing and maintaining a scalable, resilient, cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code approach with experience in Azure ARM Templates
- Working with the delivery teams to build and maintain a continuous deployment practice.
- Contributing to platform architecture and design, driving continuous improvement
- Responsible for ensuring platforms are kept secure and working with security to build this into the Infrastructure as Code configuration management solution.
- Ensure high availability/disaster recovery process are reflected as per the change cycle, and as per each change the platform can be brought back as per the Disaster Recovery/Resilience policy.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and support across the software development team to allow for lessons to be learnt and best practices to be considered during their development.
- Go out into the industry and learn best practices, attend lunch/learns, meet and greets (COVID permitting) and incorporate gathered knowledge back into the platform. An ability to naturally identify and promote continuous improvement opportunities with a view to build a growth-mindset culture across the wider organisation.
- Identifying appropriate design patterns and applying them, using methodologies such as Domain Driven Design, and working with stakeholders to build a shared language and understanding of the problem domain.